The Villa

AIMA Villa was built in the early 20th century with the purpose to host a Greek family the building was then transferred to Turks after the Greek-Turkish population exchange in 1923. After changing hands several times The Villa was sold to Barutçuoğlu family. They lived here for 15 years until they donated the building to AIMA in 2003. Since then the villa has been hosting many young musicians and cultural figures from all around the world. The Villa was restored in 1943 after the big earthquake and recently remodeled in 2005. The furnishings and decor throughout the house are in keeping with the art-deco style of the villa.

AIMA Retreat Ayvalık Office

For International Calls: +905382978698
For Domestic Calls: +902663126703
e-mail: aimaretreat@gmail.com